REMINDER WHEN MAKING A GIFT TO YOUR DAYTON FOUNDATION FUND OR CHARITABLE CHECKING ACCOUNTSMEach year, we receive thousands of gifts from donors and other individuals to be credited to a Foundation fund or Charitable Checking Account. To help facilitate the timely processing of these gifts, we'd like to remind you of these simple steps.
Gifts of Stock Held in Your Brokerage Account1. Before transferring stock, determine whether The Dayton Foundation has an account with your brokerage house.
We have accounts with many brokerage firms and commissions may vary. If you and your broker are unsure whether an account exists to receive stock transfers, contact Tracie Boshears at (937) 225-9967.
If your brokerage firm does not have an account for The Dayton Foundation, you may instruct your broker to electronically transfer shares of stock to one of the following with whom we have made arrangements for discounted transaction fees:
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
DTC Number: 0164
Account Number: 2745-5124
Account Name: Dayton Foundation Depository I
JP Morgan Chase Bank, N.A. (Please note new account information)
DTC Number: 902
FFC to Account Number: P72500
Account Number: PBD#W26531009
Account Name: The Dayton Foundation
National Financial Services/Fidelity Investments
DTC Number: 0226
Account Number: 173-179990
Account Name: Dayton Foundation Depository, Inc.
2. Provide written instructions to your broker, specifying the number and type of shares to be transferred to The Dayton Foundation. Send a copy to The Dayton Foundation by mail, fax or e-mail. You also may contact Tracie Boshears directly.
3. Be sure to let us know the name and number of the endowed fund or Charitable Checking Account at The Dayton Foundation that will be credited with the gift.
4. Please be patient! It can take five to seven days for the proceeds from the sale of the securities to be made available in your Foundation fund or account.
Gifts of Cash1. Please make checks payable to The Dayton Foundation, Inc.
2. Please note the fund or account name and number on the memo line of the check or in an attached letter.
3. For safety reasons, we recommend that you do not mail gifts of cash. If you wish to make a cash gift, you may deliver it to our offices located at 500 Kettering Tower, Dayton, Ohio, 45423, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Gifts of Mutual FundsPlease contact Tracie Boshears to make a gift of mutual fund shares.
All Other Types of Gifts (i.e., gifts of real estate, S Corp stock, etc.)Please contact a member of The Dayton Foundation Development Department at (937) 222-0410 to discuss the details of such a proposed gift.
About Us | Strengthening Community | Becoming a Donor | For Foundation Donors | For Professional Advisors | For Not-For-Profit Organizations | For Youth | News & Publications | Contact Us | Access Your Fund or Account | Home
The Dayton Foundation. We Help You Help OthersSM
File date: 10-18-12