- Becoming a Donor
- Why Choose The Dayton Foundation?
- Charitable Solutions for You
- Types of Funds
- What You Can Give
- How to Create an Endowment Fund
- Community Impact Endowment Funds
- Advantages of the Charitable Checking Account Service
- Open a Charitable Checking Account Now
- Family FoundationPlus vs. Private Foundation
- Options for People with Disabilities
- For Foundation Donors
- Managing Your Fund
- Fund Distribution Guidelines
- Charitable Tip
- Connections – Grantmaking Opportunities
- Donor Stories
- Current Endowed Funds List
- Partners in Giving
- Other Online Resources
REMINDER WHEN MAKING A GIFT TO YOUR DAYTON FOUNDATION FUND OR CHARITABLE CHECKING ACCOUNT℠
Each year, we receive thousands of gifts from donors and other individuals to be credited to a Foundation fund or Charitable Checking Account. To help facilitate the timely processing of these gifts, we'd like to remind you of these simple steps.
Gifts of Stock Held in Your Brokerage Account
1. Before transferring stock, determine whether The Dayton Foundation has an account with your brokerage house.
- We have accounts with many brokerage firms and commissions may vary. If you and your broker are unsure whether an account exists to receive stock transfers, contact Tracie Boshears at (937) 225-9967.
- If your brokerage firm does not have an account for The Dayton Foundation, you may instruct your broker to electronically transfer shares of stock to one of the following with whom we have made arrangements for discounted transaction fees:
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
DTC Number: 0164
Account Number: 2745-5124
Account Name: Dayton Foundation Depository I
JP Morgan Chase Bank, N.A. (Please note new account information)
DTC Number: 902
FFC to Account Number: P72500
Account Number: PBD#W26531009
Account Name: The Dayton Foundation
National Financial Services/Fidelity Investments
DTC Number: 0226
Account Number: 173-179990
Account Name: Dayton Foundation Depository, Inc.
2. Provide written instructions to your broker, specifying the number and type of shares to be transferred to The Dayton Foundation. Send a copy to The Dayton Foundation by mail, fax or e-mail. You also may contact Tracie Boshears directly.
3. Be sure to let us know the name and number of the endowed fund or Charitable Checking Account at The Dayton Foundation that will be credited with the gift.
4. Please be patient! It can take five to seven days for the proceeds from the sale of the securities to be made available in your Foundation fund or account.
Gifts of Cash
1. Please make checks payable to The Dayton Foundation, Inc.
2. Please note the fund or account name and number on the memo line of the check or in an attached letter.
3. For safety reasons, we recommend that you do not mail gifts of cash. If you wish to make a cash gift, you may deliver it to our offices located at 40 N. Main Street, Suite 500, Dayton, Ohio, 45423, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Gifts of Mutual Funds
Please contact Tracie Boshears to make a gift of mutual fund shares.
All Other Types of Gifts (i.e., gifts of real estate, S Corp stock, etc.)
Please contact a member of The Dayton Foundation Development Department at (937) 222-0410 to discuss the details of such a proposed gift.^ top of page
IN HER WORDS
“We opened Charitable Checking Accounts for each of our adult children for Christmas. These accounts will encourage them to think about and support the organizations and causes they care about most. It’s a great way to teach children of any age about the joy of giving.”
– Susan Harker, a Charitable Checking Account℠ donor since 2004
- ©2014 The Dayton Foundation
- All rights reserved worldwide.
- Phone: (937) 222-0410